The increasing proliferation of electrification, automatisation and digitisation, are trends that are shaping industries and societies all over the globe. In the era of the technological revolution, the transportation industry will be one of the most affected by innovation. New technologies will change the way people live, consume and work, commute and use private or public transportation. Numerous governments, companies and various organisations are already well prepared for the new paradigm shift in the global economy. Nevertheless, the transition to a new connected and sustainable future is dynamic, requiring continuous exchange of ideas and guidance.
Austria’s transportation industry accounts for 7.7% of GDP, with an average R&D rate of 12%. In spite of being vital for the Austrian economy, transportation is important for the entire European economy. Austria has been running national transportation related research programmes for several years, which have been effectively combined with relevant research and technology programmes of the European Union.
Transport Research Arena 2018
The Transport Research Arena (TRA), hosted in Vienna, Austria is an international event organised under the auspices of national Austrian and European institutions. The 7th edition of TRA will be hosted by the Federal Ministry for Transport, Innovation and Technology as Chair of the Management Committee, the Austrian Institute for Technology as Chair of the Programme Committee and AustriaTech as Chair of the Organising Committee.
The European Commission will co-organise the event. TRA 2018 will be supported by the European Technology Platforms ERTRAC (European Road Transport Research Advisory Council), ERRAC (European Rail Research Advisory Council), WATERBORNE as well as CEDR (Conference of European Directors of Roads) and ALICE (Alliance for Logistics Innovation through Collaboration), ETRA (European Transport Research Alliance), ECTP (European Construction Technology Platform) and ACARE (Advisory Council for Aviation Research and Innovation in Europe).
Held from 16-19th April in Vienna, TRA 2018 will be focused on tackling challenges arising from the transition to sustainable mobility in Austria and the European Union.
Discussions and presentations topics agenda
In light of exploring European mobility, TRA 2018 will cover the following topics:
- Environment and Energy Efficiency
- Vehicles & Vessels – Design, Development and Production
- Advanced Propulsion Systems
- Smart Urban Mobility & Logistics
- People Mobility – Systems and Services
- Freight Transport and Logistics
- Transport Infrastructure
- Connected and Automated Transport
- Digital Technologies for Transport
- Safe, Secure and Resilient Transport Systems
- Human Dimension in Transport
- Socio-Economics, Innovation and Policy
The conference registration for 2018 will include:
- Access to all Congress plenary and concurrent sessions
- Access to the Exhibition and Interactive Zone
- Opportunity to book demonstrations and interactive activities at the Interactive Zone
- Access to the Marketplace
- Lunch and coffee breaks
- Conference Bag
The TRA will also organise a Gala Dinner in the famous Vienna City Hall, including:
- Exquisite seated dinner
- Exciting cultural programme
- TRA Visions 2018 Senior Researchers Award Ceremony
Interested attendees could be able to register latest by March on the http://www.traconference.eu/registration/